In a patent draft, you will find technical information presented in a legal format. This document serves two primary functions: (a) establishing novelty, and (b) establishing an invention's innovation or degree of non-obviousness. Creating a specification that describes the invention clearly and concisely is the art of specification writing. The application includes several sections, such as a summary of the invention, an explanation of the technical field, and a list of any drawings that were submitted with it. The application concludes with a detailed description of the invention.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PROVISIONAL APPLICATION AND NON PROVISIONAL APPLICATION?
1. A provisional patent application is binding document but it does not give you the exclusive legal rights or patent your invention, but it does give you a year from filing date to submit forms and payments. This practice is generally followed to secure the Priority date for the patent.
2. A non-provisional patent application is a Techno-legal document which has in depth information and discloses the best method to carry out the invention. It is extensively detailed along with drawings and other required data. It could be complicated to file and prosecute as there are many parts with numerous rules that the patent drafter must follow.
WHY YOU MIGHT NEED A PROVISIONAL APPLICATION?
1. It provides the applicant with time to complete their invention (if it is near to completion but not complete)
2. Ensures time which could be utilized to evaluate the market strategy, value, novelty, profitable market, etc.
3. “Patent Pending” tag, which is quite handy and mostly used by startups to raise investments. Also, it gives the applicant a chance to start the patent application process without paying the hefty patent application fee.
In the event that a patent application is decided to be filed, a first patent specification is filed as a provisional patent application. Provisional applications are used to establish a priority date as a method for establishing the priority of the invention.
THE PATENT SPECIFICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY
After the provisional application has been filed, the patent applicant is required to prepare the complete patent specification within 12 months of filing the provisional.
To file in USPTO, EPO, JPO, PCT, India, and other countries, we create complete/provisional and non-provisional draft documents that meet your specifications.
Why Choose Us?
1. Our drafting team offers strategies and information which is most suitable with your needs.
2. Highly Experienced Law professionals in amalgamation with diversified teams with strong technical backgrounds in various fields.
3. Our Prices are Highly competitive.
4. We are discreet and we deliver on time.
5. Your privacy is our responsibility.
6. We keep you in the loop.
7. Our teams don’t break a sweat, no matter how much volume of work you throw towards our side.
To know more about our services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1 307-227-8788. We will get back to you at the earliest.